The sprawling crime epic that changed open-world games forever. Welcome to Liberty City. Where it all began. The critically acclaimed blockbuster Grand Theft Auto III brings to life the dark and seedy underworld of Liberty City. With a massive and diverse open world, a wild cast of characters from every walk of life and the freedom to explore at will, Grand Theft Auto III puts the dark, intriguing and ruthless world of crime at your fingertips. With stellar voice acting, a darkly comic storyline, a stunning soundtrack and revolutionary open-world gameplay, Grand Theft Auto III is the game that defined the open world genre for a generation.
During the game you will be playing as Claude, a mute protagonist. You get betrayed during a bank robbery by your girlfriend, which ends up with you getting caught by the cops. You escape and you seek out revenge. At first you will be working for the Mafia, helping them out with a rival family and the Triads. Then, after them betraying you, you start working for the Yakuza (Japanese).
Eventually, you do get revenge on your girlfriend, who is a member of the Colombian Cartel. But to do that, you trigger a war between the Yakuza and Cartel. For comparison, by the end of the game in GTA Vice City, you had only 1 gang that would be hostile towards you, and while in GTA San Andreas, you could completely wipe off all other gangs.
FEATURES OF GRAND THEFT AUTO III:
- Enter the nostalgic world of GTA to play as Claude
- Enjoyable levels with 3D graphics
- Lots of weapons to purchase
- Different types of vehicles to drive
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
- Processor: Pentium III® 450 MHz CPU
- Memory: 96 MB RAM
- Graphics: 16 MB Direct 3D Video Card
- DirectX Version: Microsoft DirectX® 8.1
- Hard Drive: 500 MB uncompressed free hard disk space
- Sound Card:Fully DirectX compatible Sound Card